Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving

We went back to Connecticut for Thanksgiving - Polly had it with her family and I had it with mine but down in New Jersey. We drove back to CT rather than flying in order to bring my Toyota Tundra back for a recall - Believe it or not they were going to replace the frame of the truck because it had severe rusting- and they did. It took them almost two weeks but I got it back one day before my planned return to Florida. The guy at the garage told me it cost Toyota $12K to do it and they have dozens more trucks to do.


We left at 4:30 AM on Saturday and drove (or flew according to Polly) down to my Cousin Russell in North Carolina. We got their 10 hours later just as the snow started. They have a bird feeder in front of their kitchen window and it was loaded with all types of birds - cardinals were a brilliant red - picture through the window doesn't get the colors but look at the number of birds in the bush waiting for food.



In the morning, his young calves came over to say goodbye to us.

It was beautiful drive with the snow stuck to the tree limbs and clear roads.



We made it to Wimauma by 8 PM that night. In the morning I went outside and found two more birthday gifts. The first was a new camper - only 14 ft long but it'll be perfect for short outings and according to the sticker it cost less than $9K.

Oh and look at this - a new car - for me?? It is a Yaris which is the updated version of the Toyota Echo that I drive back in Connecticut.



What a nice birthday surprise but I can't seem to find the keys to it.














No comments:

Post a Comment