Wednesday, March 9, 2011

StufZ

A couple of years ago I saw TV coverage of the National Hamburger Cook Off. The wining entry was made with two thin layers of hamburger - all kinds of peppers, onions, cheeses were put in between them - the edges were squeezed together to seal the ingredients inside and the burger was then cooked. Now I tried it several times myself and they were alright but I never got the edges to hold together very well. But now that's all behind me. I googled "stuffed hamburger" and found StufZ.
They are a little over priced at 2 for $35 but they sure do work. They take 1/2 lb of hamburger, 2/3 of that goes in the lower half and is formed into a pocket by pushing down on the top part of the StufZ. After the bottom is formed the remaining hamburger is put on the cover part.

Then you fill the pocket part up with all kinds of goodies - onions, peppers, olives, mushrooms, cheeses (my favorite is Blue Cheese). To spice it up I used some of Wayne's OMGIH sauce. Worcestershire tastes good also.

Then close the top -

Lock the pusher and press the cover onto the bottom pocket.

Another click, it's open and it's ready for the grill.


Then comes the hardest part - keeping track of whose burger is whose - toothpicks help solve the problem but they have to be removed before cooking.

A half eaten one shows the delicious ingredients all cooked together.

And as proof of how good they taste just look at the satisfied look on their faces (Cousin Ginny and John)

No comments:

Post a Comment