Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Come on in, the water's fine

Well we've had the pool since before Christmas with the solar blanket and solar panels on the roof working hard to warm the water up but does Polly go in - Noooo - It's too cold, the sun isn't shining, I don't want to get my hair wet - There are a lot of excuses.

But red ants changed her mind - We were working on an overgrown flower bed in the back yard - digging out the African Iris, thinning them and transplanting them to other beds that had more space.
I was planting out front when I heard a scream and a string of curse words that I can't repeat. Polly had been breaking up a clump of Iris and there must have been a nest of red ants in it. She shed what clothes would come off easily and headed for the pool to get rid of the hanger oners.

It took a couple of tries but she finally jumped in, after the initial shock said it was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment