Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Allergies




Polly isn't feeling very good. It is either pollen from the start of spring in Florida or mold in camper. So I can't do anything about the pollen but the mold in the camper is attackable. Last summer I discovered a leak in the toilet flush system that probably had been there for years. I fixed the leak but didn't do anything about the water that had leaked into the chip board that was used for flooring in the camper. It was a little springy but it's an old camper. With water and wood to eat, a black mold started to grow and travel. First in the bathroom and then out into the kitchen. You could see it under the clear finish of the linoleum. Polly was sure that this was where her allergy attack came from. So the last two days I've been tearing out the linoleum, removing the water soaked wood, and getting ready to replace a floor section (see photo of stripped floor and then replywooded). I'm going to put tile squares back down instead of the linoleum since the original linoleum was installed before the cabinets were put in so it goes under most of them and now there is a lot of tricky cutting to do. So if I'm going to put the tile squares down why not take out the rug around the couch and in the bedroom - it could house mold also and is in pretty bad shape. I keep on looking around for the candid camera filming the record of how I spent my Florida winter vacation. Even a neighbor came over when he heard all the banging and offered to help. I thanked him but there isn't enough room for two people to work in the camper.




I'll show you the finished job in a couple more days.


No comments:

Post a Comment