Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Almost on the way

Drat. We started out for Florida on Saturday night and got as far as Old Lyme when the people in a car passing us started waving their hands and rolled down their window. They said there were sparks coming out of the wheels on the trailer. I thought it might be just the safety chains hitting the road a little but pulled over the first chance I got. I was wrong, it was a wheel bearing. So I called AAA to get the number of a gargage to take it to. They gave us a couple but no one was open that late at night. So I used my GPS to get a telephone number of a towing service and, since they have somebody on duty all night, I asked them for someplace to leave my camper to get it repaired. His garage would fix it on Monday and they had a locked area I could leave it in till then. So I slowly drove the camper there and we left it there. We drove back to Polly's place in New London (only 1/2 hour away). So $500 and two days later it was fixed and we are back on the road and staying over night at my daugther Ina's in New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment