Friday, February 19, 2010

Settled

So I offered, they countered, I went up a little, they came down a little and we split the difference. The closing is scheduled for March 29th. Tomorrow Polly and I going to estate and yard sales to see what kind of overstuffed leather furniture we can buy. I'll probably have to rent a storage place to hold it all until we close. I thought I'd build bunk beds like those up in the cottage on Beach Pond but Polly wants one guest room to have a decent bed. Wait till my daughters enter the home decorating fray - I'm sure to lose every battle. The town where the house is has a neat name - Wimauma - pronounced "Why MaMa".


To celebrate, we went with the Curry's to Beanies on Rt 41 in Ruskin. They specialize in a potato chip that they make themselves. It's a thick crisp chip loaded with blue cheese, green onions, bacon, cheese and sour cream. It was all gone by the time I took this picture along with most of the order of 25 hot wings, garlic shrimp and fried fish - Great place.


More about the house when Paul figures out how scan the hard copy pictures into a JPEG format so I can enter them into the Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! Do you have a sign up sheet for when it will be available? Cat is doing good. Evie really enjoys seeing it. Weather to hit 40 this weekend, winter is almost over. Have fun, say hi to my folks.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete