Saturday, November 13, 2010

A lot of firewood

The people that we bought the Florida property from were very proud of how much of the natural landscape they left intact when they built and they did do a good job. Most of the three acre lot was undisturbed native vegetation - Live Oak, Sable Palm, Palmetto and stuff I have no idea what it is called. Well that was the last owners - we are planning to put in a pool - luckily it doesn't require any trees to be removed but I want to use solar to heat the water in the pool and that required the removal of seven trees in the backyard. I cut down the Saw Palmettos - they are called "Saw" Palmettos because of the saw like teeth on their stems - they hurt - ask my arms and legs. This is the backyard after I cut down the palmettos and small trees.


The guy that I hired (low bidder) does not own a lift bucket, he climbs, ties ropes to higher branches as he cuts off the lower limbs. Primitive he may be but he got all the trees down and none landed on the house.


Here he is trimming up the only tree we left stranding in the near backyard.


Al Gore would be proud of me again - cut down all the trees but I'm not burning a non-renewable fuel to heat the pool water - damn the tree huggers.




No comments:

Post a Comment