Monday, November 8, 2010

Still Fixing things up

Way back in last summer, my son Wayne cut some boards out of a red oak tree and a curly maple tree. I wanted to build some bunk beds for Florida out of the wood but we first had to dry it so we built a solar kiln at his place and a month later the wood was dry enough to work with. So in September I cut up the wood and built a bunk bed out of the red oak. I had a talented woodworking team to help me. Polly had worked at Yankee Remodelers for years so this just came naturally to her.


I took this bed and another one I had built for the Beachpond cottage in Voluntown down to Florida with parts tied on top of and in the back of my pickup truck and here are the two bunk beds all assembled down in the kids room in Florida. (I'll use the curly maple wood to build a replacement for the one I took from Voluntown.)



Another project gets done - We have this long bare wall in our bedroom and couldn't decide what to do with it. We saw these wallpaper like murals in a paint store and decided that that might be a nice treatment. So I order a 8 ft high by 12 ft long mural of a tropical sunset - appropriate for a bedroom, right. You put some guide lines on the wall, apply paste to the back of the panel and glue them up.

It came out OK but not great - there goes our plans to use one on the wall in the dining room.
Weather Report- another cold day in Florida - it's only going to be in the mid- 70's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment